FRS Farm Services are now inviting applicants for the role of “Farm Manager” on a progressive dairy farm in the South Kilkenny region.
This is a full-time permanent role. This role is an excellent opportunity for any candidate to develop their farm management career.
- The successful candidate will manage the farm responsibly.
- Develop the herd to produce highest quality.
- Manage the welfare of livestock.
- Keep all farm records up to date.
- Duties include milking, calf rearing, heat detection activities and grass measuring/grass rotations.
- This role will also include practical activities such as driving tractors, machinery operating, feeding livestock as well as overseeing hay/silage making, topping and slurry spreading.
- 3rd level degree or certification in agriculture is a distinct advantage.
- 5 years practical experience working on a beef/dairy farm.
- Hard working and highly motivated.
- Good understanding of modern farming techniques.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Your contract will be directly with FRS Farm Relief and you will be paid a competitive rate, and be eligible for leave entitlements.
- Accommodation provided on the farm
- Full induction provided to the candidate.