BEEP-S WeighingFRS Weighing Technician Service for BEEP-S (Beef Environmental Efficiency Programme Sucklers)
FRS Weighing Technician Service for BEEP-S (Beef Environmental Efficiency Programme Sucklers)
- We take all the hassle out of weighing your cow and calf for BEEP-S
- You don’t have to leave the farm, we come to you with the scales and get the job done
- All you need to do is submit the weighing results onto the BEEP-S database within 7 days of the animal being weighed
- We use weighing scales that are registered and comply with BEEP-S
- Nationwide service available
- Contact your local FRS office today to book your weighing in.
What is the BEEP-S?
Beef Environmental Efficiency Programme Sucklers (BEEP-S) was announced as a beef sector support under Budget 2019 . Farmers who were in BEEP (2019) must apply now for BEEP-S if they wish to be in the new scheme in 2020. Through BEEP-S farmers will receive a payment of up to to €90 for the first 10 calf/cow pairs and €80 for the remainder up to a maximum of 100 pairs/herd.
What is the purpose of the BEEP-S Scheme?
BEEP-S is part of an initiative from the Dept. of Agriculture to further increase economic and environmental efficiency of the suckler herd through better quality data on herd performance. BEEP-S is aimed at improving weaning efficiency of suckler cows by collecting live-weights of their calves before they are weaned.
Book your Weighing
What are BEEP-S Weighing Requirements?
- All calves being submitted for weighing must have been born between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020.
- Unweaned live calf and dam must be weighed on the applicant’s holding, individually and on the same day.
- Weights must be submitted to the ICBF database within 7 days of the animals being weighed on farm.
- Only scales registered in accordance with the pilot terms and conditions may be used. (All Scales used by FRS are registered).
- Weights must be submitted by 1st November 2020.
What are the Key Dates for BEEP-S?
Eligibile animals: beef breed animals born between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020.
Applications by farmers to the scheme: Open till 15 May 2020.
Submission of weights: Up to 1st November 2020.
Payments will be made in December 2020
Make your weight reporting to ICBF simple with the help of Herdwatch
Enjoy easy weight recording with Herdwatch. Simply pick the animal, enter the weight, and click “Save”. You will see a summary of the Weight record, including Average Daily Gain.
For the next animal, just type the last few digits of the tag or freeze-brand, enter the weight, click “Save”.
Approved by ICBF- Weights sent directly
If you do your own weighing in Herdwatch, your weight records will automatically be sent to ICBF which means you will get the benefit of better reporting from ICBF. Herdwatch is fully approved by ICBF to provide this integration free of charge to our members.
FREE Weight recording on Herdwatch
To celebrate the BEEP scheme we’re offering the weight recording feature on Herdwatch for FREE to any Suckler farmer who joins or uses the FREE PLAN.
Vist: Herdwatch & BEEP for more information