FRS Weighing Technician Service for
BEEP (Beef Environmental Efficiency Pilot)
Beep WeighingFRS Weighing Technician Service for BEEP (Beef Environmental Efficiency Pilot)
FRS Weighing Technician Service for BEEP (Beef Environmental Efficiency Pilot)
- We take all the hassle out of weighing your cow and calf for BEEP
- You don’t have to leave the farm, we come to you with the scales and get the job done
- All you need to do is submit the weighing results onto the BEEP database within 7 days of the animal being weighed
- We use weighing scales that are registered and comply with BEEP
- Nationwide service available
- Contact your local FRS office today to book your weighing in.
What is the BEEP?
The Beef Environmental Efficiency Pilot (BEEP) scheme was announced as a beef sector support under Budget 2019 . Through BEEP farmers will receive a payment of up to €40/cow-calf pairing for collecting and submitting weight data on cows and calves.
What is the purpose of the BEEP Scheme?
The BEEP is part of an initiative from the Dept. of Agriculture to further increase economic and environmental efficiency of the suckler herd through better quality data on herd performance. BEEP is aimed at improving weaning efficiency of suckler cows by collecting live-weights of their calves before they are weaned.
Book your Weighing
What are BEEP Weighing Requirements?
- All calves being submitted for weighing must have been born between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.
- Unweaned live calf and dam must be weighed on the applicant’s holding, individually and on the same day.
- Weights must be submitted to the ICBF database within 7 days of the animals being weighed on farm.
- Only scales registered in accordance with the pilot terms and conditions may be used. (All Scales used by FRS are registered)
- Weights must be submitted between 8 March 2019 and 1 November 2019.
What are the Key Dates for BEEP?
Eligibile animals: beef breed animals born between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.
Applications by farmers to the scheme: 4 February to 22 February 2019.
Submission of weights: 8 March to 1 November 2019.
Payments will be made in December 2019
Full details of the BEEP scheme are available at www.mybeep.ie
Make your weight reporting to ICBF simple with the help of Herdwatch
Enjoy easy weight recording with Herdwatch. Simply pick the animal, enter the weight, and click “Save”. You will see a summary of the Weight record, including Average Daily Gain.
For the next animal, just type the last few digits of the tag or freeze-brand, enter the weight, click “Save”.
Approved by ICBF- Weights sent directly
If you do your own weighing in Herdwatch, your weight records will automatically be sent to ICBF which means you will get the benefit of better reporting from ICBF. Herdwatch is fully approved by ICBF to provide this integration free of charge to our members.
FREE Weight recording on Herdwatch
To celebrate the BEEP scheme we’re offering the weight recording feature on Herdwatch for FREE to any Suckler farmer who joins or uses the FREE PLAN.
Vist: Herdwatch & BEEP for more information